THE ABC’S OF EMBARGOES AND SANCTIONS
Roland M. Potts
Roland M. Potts has an extensive background in litigation, arbitration, and appellate matters, representing multinational clients on issues of construction defects, products liability, and breach of contract claims.
His experience includes litigating claims, drafting legal filings, and communicating with clients and experts in both English and Spanish, and is conversational in Portuguese.
Mr. Potts is admitted to practice in Florida and the United States District Courts for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida and has successfully arbitrated cases in the International Court of Arbitration for the International Chamber of Commerce and the American Arbitration Association.
Over his years in practice, he has also advised on matters in federal and state court regarding the Civil Rights Act, Florida Civil Rights Act, attorney malpractice, defamation, and premises liability claims.
This presentation will cover:
- Comprehensive Sanctions on Cuba, Iran, North Korea, and Syria
- Targeted Industry Sector Sanctions
- The Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA)
- Selective Country Sanctions Programs
- The Targeting of Individuals and Entities
- The Lifting of Sanctions on Burma (Myanmar), Cote d’Ivoire, and Sudan
- Recent OFAC Enforcement Cases
Please join us in thanking these amazing organizations which have helped us host this years Think Global Conference!